Another question I get asked a lot is:
Do I have to speak out loud when tapping?
In a session with a practitioner, we normally repeat the statements out loud when we tap. Many people find it a bit weird speaking out loud when they tap by themselves. The great thing is you don’t have to do it! EFT is a very flexible tool.
Here are some ways you can try to see which suits you best.
- Tap silently – repeating your statements in your mind only
- Write down your statements and tap whilst reading them
If you are ok with speaking out loud, you can try these versions:
- Tap whilst whispering the statements
- Try shouting out your statements (great if you’re stuck or need to really vent)
- Sing your tapping statements
- Use a silly voice – this works especially well if you’re tapping on something someone said – you can exaggerate their voice
Keep tapping (whichever way you decide to do it)