If you feel that everything is taking much more energy at this time of year, then you are not alone. It’s typical for us to slow down in the winter and spend more time inside. Many people suffer from SAD or Seasonal Affective Disorder. SAD symptoms include low energy levels, depression, anxiety, mood changes, overeating, loss of concentration and sleep problems.
If that feels like you then why not invest in a solar lightbox? I’ve got a Bodyclock dawn simulator which is an alarm clock that wakes you with a sunrise. This really helps me get up on a dark winter morning! The brightening light is a natural signal for your body to reduce the production of sleep hormones and gradually increase the levels of hormones that wake you up and get you moving. I wouldn’t be without mine. http://www.lumie.com/shop/products/bodyclock-sunray-100
If you could do with a bit of an energy boost try this tip and follow the tapping script to help improve your energy levels.
Thump Your K27 Points (Collarbone)
- Increases energy
- Relieves tiredness if you are feeling drowsy
- Focuses your mind
Tap on the collarbone (K27) points with your fingers bunched together for about 20 – 30 seconds. The collarbone points are located just below and slightly outward from the bumps at the end of the collarbone. Breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth.
Do this at least once every day and more often if you need it. This is a great pick me up if you are driving – do one side at a time to keep one hand on the steering wheel!
Tap on the Karate Chop spot on either hand whilst repeating out loud these 3 setups (or change the words to suit your situation).
- Even though I feel so worn out, I’ve got no energy, I deeply and completely accept myself anyway
- Even though I feel so tired, I deeply and completely accept who I am and how I feel
- Even though the winter is draining my energy levels, I choose to accept who I am and how I feel
- Eyebrow: I’m just so tired
- Side of eye: I’ve got no energy
- Under eye: I don’t want to feel tired time all the time
- Under nose: I can’t be bothered to do anything
- Chin: I’m so worn out
- Collarbone: I’m exhausted
- Under arm: I wish I had more energy
- Top of head: I wish I had the energy to do more
- Eyebrow: Maybe I can feel better
- Side of eye: Maybe my energy levels will increase
- Under eye: What if I had more energy
- Under nose: What if I had all the energy I need
- Chin: I can start to feel more energised
- Collarbone: I’m open to gaining more energy
- Under arm: What if my energy levels were boosted
- Top of head: I am feeling my energy increase and I want to do more
- Eyebrow: I’m so lethargic
- Side of eye: My energy is increasing
- Under eye: I wish I wasn’t so tired
- Under nose: What if my energy started increasing
- Chin: I can’t do things I want to do
- Collarbone: My energy levels are returning
- Under arm: I just want to sleep all the time
- Top of head: I am feeling more vibrant and alive
Repeat the tapping as necessary and use your own words where appropriate. Try tapping on the specific things that are draining your energy and keep tapping until you feel better.