“Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.”
Change is inevitable. Whether we like it or not, change will happen. We can either resist it, fear it or flow with it. The latter is much easier. But it is not always that easy to do.
We all resist change at certain times because it can be hard. Especially when it’s a change we don’t want.
So how do we flow with it more easily?
Firstly notice the resistance you feel about this change. Notice where you feel that resistance in your body and tap on that. E.g.
- Even though I feel this dark churning resistance to change in my stomach, I accept myself and my feelings anyway
- Even though I really want things to stay the same…
- Even though I hate change and always resist it…
Secondly, tap on any fears you have about the change, e.g.
- Even though my heart is pounding at the thought of this change, I accept myself anyway
- Even though I feel all this change fear in my chest, I choose to accept myself anyway
- Even though I feel so scared about this change, I deeply & completely accept myself
Finally, once you have cleared your fears and resistance to change, tap on the possibility of this change being easy, e.g.
- Even though I’ve feared and resisted this change, what if it will actually be ok
- Even though I’ve dreaded this change, I’m open to the possibility of this change being easy
- Even though I resisted this change, maybe it’ll be a good thing
Remember to keep tapping on each aspect – feeling, body sensation, thought etc. Always clear your resistance and fears first before tapping on the positive possibilities. If change has been a problem for you in the past then you probably need to tap on the memories of your past change experiences to clear them. The movie technique is a great way to do that.
“Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are, for what you could become.”