I have just recovered from the worst stomach bug I have ever had. 7 days of being ill and needing to stay in close vicinity to the toilet. Why am I telling you this you ask? Well it’s not for your sympathy but to share with you some insights I gained during this illness.
After a day or so I was feeling pretty rough and getting fed up of the frequent trips to the toilet. Cue more trips to the toilet at times every 30 mins to an hour throughout the night!!!
I began to notice what I was saying to myself and the messages I was saying to my body…and it wasn’t good!
Here’s what I noticed I was saying to myself & my body:
- Stupid body for being ill
- My body was weak for getting this bug
- My body SHOULD be getting better by now
- I’m so frustrated with my body
- It shouldn’t be lasting this long
- I hate my body for getting this ill
- Why aren’t I getting better yet?
- I am so annoyed with my body
- I am so sick of this bug
I have to admit that I also felt some shame and guilt for feeling these feelings! So I did some tapping on that and felt better. 🙂
Every day I then tapped on the following:
- I appreciate my body
- I love my body
- My body is getting better and better
- My immune system is healthy and strong
- I’m an excellent bug repellant
- My body is healing from this bug
I also did more of the Ho’oponopono prayer which I normally tap every day anyway…
I love you, I’m sorry, Please forgive me and Thank You
I paid particular attention to my body as I tapped on this.
I hope that you have found this useful and that the next time you notice your self talk is not great, that you can use EFT to help yourself.