One of the things we can do to help our stress levels is becoming more aware of our stress. Noticing how our body responds when we start to feel stressed.
- Do you get a tightness in your neck and shoulders?
- Do you find yourself clenching your jaw?
- Maybe your digestion plays up
- You start getting headaches
- Or your throat becomes tight
Whatever it is, just observe it. Acknowledge it is there. Then when you have acknowledged it, try accepting it. You could do some tapping for this. For example:
- Even though I feel my throat becoming tight, I acknowledge and accept that my body is trying to tell me I’m getting stressed
- Even though my shoulders are getting tense, I know that means I’m starting to get stressed
Once you have acknowledged and accepted your stress showing up in your body, try thanking your body. E.g.
- Even though I don’t like the feel of my tight neck and shoulder muscles, I’m grateful for my body and it letting me know I’m getting stressed
- Even though my jaw is so tight it hurts, I’m grateful for the warning that I’m starting to get stressed
Then try to do something to help reduce your stress levels. I believe that we need to address what is causing our stress levels and also do something to counter that stress. So you could do a combination of working to reduce your task list / asking for help and do something to help you feel physically better. Whether that is some more EFT, Meditation, a walk in nature, a massage or long soak in the bath etc that is up to you.
Do whatever works best for you. If you don’t know, then it is time to start finding out… 🙂
Your health and well-being deserve it!