Does your period feel like a “monthly curse”? Is your menstrual cycle a bane in your life?
- Do you get irritable, tired, emotional, sensitive and feel like crying at the slightest little thing?
- Do you get severe menstrual cramps or period pains?
- Do you feel physically and mentally drained?
Not just me then! If you would like to skip work, head for your bed and hide under your duvet with a hot water bottle each month, then this is for you!
Here is a tapping script that I hope will help you if you are suffering from menstrual cramps. Firstly write down your score on a scale of 0 – 10 (where 10 is maximum pain/discomfort).
- Even though my period feels like a curse every month, I still deeply and completely accept myself anyway
- Even though I feel so emotional and the slightest thing upsets me when I have my period, I accept my feelings about this
- Even though I get these really bad menstrual cramps and I just want to curl up into a ball, I still love and accept myself anyway
Eyebrow: My periods feel like a curse every month
Side of eye: I hate having my period
Under eye: I get these really bad menstrual cramps
Under nose: I can’t concentrate when I’ve got these period pains
Chin: All I want to do is curl up into a ball
Collarbone: These menstrual cramps are dragging me down
Under arm: It feels like my insides are being dragged out of me
Top of head: I find it hard to do anything when these cramps are this bad
Eyebrow: If someone looks at me funny, I’ll burst into tears
Side of eye: I feel so emotional
Under eye: These menstrual cramps are killing me
Under nose: I feel so drained by these period pains
Chin: It’s so tiring having these cramps
Collarbone: This pain in my ovaries is making me feel so drained
Under arm: I just want to go to bed with a hot water bottle
Top of head: I hate going to work when I feel like this
Eyebrow: I wonder if I could feel better
Side of eye: Maybe I can tap away this pain
Under eye: I’m open to feeling better
Under nose: What if I could concentrate easier
Chin: Maybe I can feel calmer and more balanced
Collarbone: Maybe I can still function when I have my period
Under arm: What if my pain felt easier
Top of head: I’m open to feeling better when I have my period
Take a nice deep breath. Re-assess your score. Keep on tapping and use your words where appropriate. E.g. if you feel you have a dark cloud hanging over you when you have your period, then use these words. If you feel your period pains feel like a red-hot poker digging in your back then use these words! You get the idea!
I hope that you feel better soon.
07866 013 637