One of the things that people regularly say when they start tapping is “Am I doing it right?”. The good news is that EFT is very flexible. The most important thing to remember is that you need to stay tuned in to the feelings you are working on and tap on the points on the body.
Sometimes you will need to be persistent. This is my Top Tip!
“Keep tapping until you feel better”.
Here are some different ways you can try doing EFT:
- Tap whilst repeating out loud how you feel
- Tap whilst repeating how you feel in your mind
- Tap slowly on each point repeating your reminder phrase several times
- Tap faster on each point just repeating your reminder phrase once
- Tap really lightly on each point
- Tap using a bit more pressure on each point (make sure it’s not too hard though – it should not hurt!)
- Tap using both hands tapping both sides of the body
- Tap with one hand, tapping the opposite side of the body (i.e. left hand taps right eyebrow, right side of eye etc)
You can either repeat the same reminder phrase on each tapping point or say different phrases related to your particular issue on each point – experiment and see which works best for you. It usually helps if you write down how you feel using keywords and phrases and tap whilst reading the words you have written.
I hope that these tips help you relax and enjoy tapping even more. If you have any questions or feedback then please leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you.
07866 013 637