Christmas should be a wonderful time of year. Spending time with loved ones, giving and receiving gifts and sharing special meals with friends. In reality though, there is often a lot of stress and anxiety involved. There is too much to do in too little time, worries about not having enough money, fears and anxieties about not getting the “right” presents for people, whether the food will be cooked to perfection, will Aunt Joan wind up your father-in-law….and the list goes on.
So instead of just ploughing through the list of chores and letting the stress pile up so that it makes it almost impossible for you to enjoy the festive season, I suggest you make a little time for some different preparations…preparing you!
Tapping Script for Christmas Peace:
Tap on the Karate Chop whilst repeating three times:
- Even though I’ve got way too much to do and not enough time to do it in and I’m feeling really stressed about Christmas, I accept how I feel
- Even though I’m worried that I won’t get it all finished in time, I accept myself and how I feel about this Christmas
- Even though I don’t know how I’m going to pay for Christmas this year and it’s so hard finding presents on a budget, I deeply and completely accept myself and all my feelings of inadequacy
Eyebrow: I’ve still got way too many things to do
Side of Eye: I should’ve started shopping earlier
Under Eye: Why didn’t I get more organised
Under Nose: I’ve left it to the last minute again
Under Chin: I’m so stressed about Christmas
Collarbone: I don’t get enough help with all the preparations
Under Arm: When will I learn to start preparing earlier
Top of Head: I’ve got too many presents to buy still
Eyebrow: I’m going to be working so hard on Christmas Eve
Side of Eye: I don’t think I’ve bought the right presents for people
Under Eye: There’s too much pressure on me
Under Nose: I can’t afford Christmas!
Under Chin: I don’t have enough money to buy presents
Collarbone: Why can’t my husband/wife/partner help me?
Under Arm: Christmas is too stressful
Top of Head: I hate all this pressure to do everything perfectly
Eyebrow: What if I could stop feeling so stressed
Side of Eye: Maybe if I was calmer, I’d get more done
Under Eye: What if I wrote a list and get more organised
Under Nose: Maybe I can get some help
Under Chin: Maybe I’m putting too much pressure on myself
Collarbone: What if I appreciated the really important things
Under Arm: What if I don’t have to do everything perfectly
Top of Head: What if I made some thoughtful presents instead of buying stuff people don’t want anyway
Keep tapping until you feel calm and peaceful. If any particular stress or anxieties come up then make sure that you tap on them too.
- Not having enough money to buy presents, food, drink, party clothes etc
- Worries about spending time with certain family members, arguments
- Losing the real meaning of Christmas and all the commercialism
- Missing a loved one or being separated from loved ones at Christmas
- Not having enough time to relax, pressures of having to visit lots of people etc
- Having to travel long distances
I wish you a wonderful, calm and peaceful Christmas!