I refer to listening to yourself. To what you need. To what your body needs.
Think back…when was the last time you really listened?
Taking time out to listen to what your body needs is important. We can stay much healthier and feel much better when we do listen.
Today I listened to my body and chose to go for a walk instead of a run. My body certainly knew it was the right choice. I also got to experience a feeling of calm, peace and tranquility. I really drank in all the colours of the leaves in the forest. I heard the birds, the wind and the water in the stream. It was a delight for my senses that I know I would have missed if I had been running. So maybe my body was telling me that was what I needed right then.
I felt deeply connected to mother nature on my walk. I’m glad I listened.
If you have trouble listening to yourself, here are tapping statements that you can try:
- I find it hard to listen to my needs
- I always put other people’s needs first
- I don’t make the time to listen to myself
- I feel selfish if I listen to my needs
- I feel selfish if I do things just for me
- I don’t deserve to listen to my needs
- I’ve lost the art of listening to my needs
- I’m always at the bottom of the pile
- I feel guilty listening to my needs
Keep tapping on whatever comes up for you. Listening to your needs is important so be persistent 🙂