This is another common thing people say. I don’t know what to tap on or I have so much “stuff” that I don’t know where to start.
A good way to approach this is to start by working on the feeling of overwhelm. It can feel very overwhelming if you have a lot of issues to work on. Rate this feeling of overwhelm on a scale of 0 – 10 (10 is maximum overwhelm) and then do some tapping. E.g.
- Even though I feel so overwhelmed, I just don’t know where to start, I still love and accept myself anyway
- Even though I have too much stuff to work on, it feels too overwhelming, I’m ok right now
- Even though I feel all this overwhelm because I don’t know where to start, I deeply and completely love and accept myself anyway
Keep tapping on your overwhelm until you feel calm again. You might want to try tapping on:
- Even though I don’t know what to tap on, I’m open to the possibility of figuring it out
- Even though I have so much stuff going on, I don’t know where to start, I still love and accept myself anyway
- Even though I just don’t know where to start, I deeply and completely accept my feelings anyway
You can also try writing a list of issues you need to work on. Then you could prioritise them by how much they are affecting you on a daily basis or by writing out their score and going for the highest scoring ones first.
Another useful approach is Gary Craig’s famous question:
If you had your life to live over, what person or event would you just as soon skip?
This can often highlight the core issue that you need to work on.
Often it can be useful to tap on what is going on with you right now. Tapping to clear out these issues can help you feel ready to deal with other issues from the past.
The key is to just start! Be gentle with yourself and keep tapping. Work your way through your list and watch the issues transform.
I hope this has been useful.
07866 013 637