Lately my clients have been people who are highly sensitive. I find I can relate to these clients very well as I am highly sensitive myself. I, like many sensitive folk found it hard growing up. I was told:
- You’re too sensitive
- Stop taking things so seriously
- Toughen up
- You should have thicker skin
- Don’t take things to heart so much
I thought it was wrong to be so sensitive. I wasn’t “normal”.
This means that I grew up with this big stigma. I tried to play down my sensitive side. I would cry at movies my friends didn’t seem bothered by. I would always try & hide the fact that I had cried, unless one of my friends had cried too & then it would be “ok” for me to admit that I had cried too. I have even been known to cry at adverts but would not admit that to anyone!
I need time alone every day. That must mean I am some kind of freak surely! Ok, maybe it means that I’m ok when my partner goes away & I have to spend time alone. I enjoy my own company and relish this quiet time to myself.
I have done a lot of tapping about this and now realise that being highly sensitive is actually a good thing. Especially as an EFT practitioner. It makes me more empathetic. I understand my clients on a deep level.
If you are highly sensitive, then I suggest you do some tapping to help you come to terms with it and accept that it is actually a good thing. Here are some suggestions:
- Even though I’m highly sensitive, maybe that’s ok
- Even though I was always told to toughen up and get thicker skin, maybe I’m ok just the way I am
- Even though I was always told I’m too sensitive and take things to heart too easily, what if this is a good thing for me
- Even though I was always told not to be so sensitive and that spending time alone is wrong, what if everyone else is wrong and I know what I need
I cannot tell you how much better I felt after I worked on this.To feel ok in your own skin is so important!
Let me emphasise that again – to feel ok in your own skin is so important!
I feel so grateful that EFT allowed me to do this.
If you are highly sensitive then I suggest that you work with someone who really understands you and is highly sensitive themselves.
If you want to explore this issue yourself, Rue Hass, EFT Master has a wonderful website and book for Highly Sensitive People.
I cannot recommend working on this issue highly enough if you are highly sensitive.
Get tapping – you will feel so much more comfortable and ok with yourself if you work on this issue.
07866 013 637
2 thoughts to “I’m Highly Sensitive and that’s OK”
Comments are closed.